Note these important upcoming dates in October!
- October 1! Change in eligibility criteria for DDS long-term supports Andy Reese, DDS director, anticipates full approval for this to move ahead as scheduled, and letters are going out to anyone turned down for eligibility in the past 3 years. https://dds.dc.gov/service/how-apply-services
- October 2! Quality Trust’s annual gala, 6-9pm – back on the water! New CEO Shawn Ullman and founding CEO Tina Campanella will both be cruising with us! https://express.adobe.com/page/JXSpOBkBH1NHw/?utm_source=website&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=Gala2022
- October 15! Project ACTION! monthly meeting, 10-11:30am – contact Phyllis Holton at firstname.lastname@example.org to get onto the mailing list!
- October 20-21! Employment First Summit, starting 9am both days - examining the first ten years of DC’s declaration as an Employment First! Jurisdiction, and planning ahead for the next ten years. Brought to you by the DC DD council (https://ddc.dc.gov/page/about-ddc)! In-person or via Zoom - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2022-dc-employment-first-summit-tickets-395159291077
Fall is here, and the schedule is heating up!
But wait, there’s more!
- At the 9/23 community forum, Andy Reese encouraged our community to participate actively in the mayor’s upcoming budget forums so the voice of people with disabilities and their supporters can be heard!
- The federal Centers for Disease Control has this updated information on staying up to date with covid vaccinations, including the new booster - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date.html.